Have your mind set on reaching the elite level in your sport? Committed to developing the leadership and resilience to set you apart? A sustainable boost in performance for young elite athletes is the object of this unique 7-day program in the stunningly rugged Cradle Mountain wilderness region of central Tasmania.
This is about getting an edge and earning the right to be successful. Your leaders include specialists with success in climbing Mt Everest and experience with elite sport. The program is ideal for highly motivated elite level semi-pro athletes or recently drafted elite athletes who want to beat their best, outperform their peers and break into senior ranks.
Young elite athletes learn how to develop their personal leadership and resilience and apply them to get a more consistent lift in their performance. They also come away with a greater sense of self awareness and precise insights about what drives and derails them so they can tailor their own development programs and get more from their coaches and mentors.
This program is also available in a modified 5-6 day format.
- wilderness terrain and syllabus carefully woven to provide elite athletes with an experience that is compelling and gives them an edge
- wilderness topography and weather help underpin key lessons about how to more consistently lift resilience and composure under pressure
- ingredients for leadership and how they affect individual and team performance revealed through routine, challenges and reflection
- daily challenges tailored to help elite athletes see where their strengths help them to excel and where other beliefs hold them back
- why self awareness and resilience provide a critical fix
- personal profiling with a world-class diagnostic means athletes get an edge in terms of personal insight, a program that is targeted for them and the on-mountain coaching support they need
ItineraryDay 1 Arrive Launceston > travel to Cradle Mountain Hotel > pre-mountain briefing > elite sport diagnostic debriefing Day 2 Dove Lake to Waterfall Valley (Judgement challenge) Day 3 Waterfall Valley to Windermere (Influence challenge) Day 4 Windermere to Pelion (Resilience challenge) Day 5 Pelion to Kia Ora (Courage challenge) Day 6 Kia Ora to Windy Ridge (Humility challenge) Day 7 Windy Ridge - Lake St Clair Lodge (Entitlement to success) > program debriefing and personal contract Day 8 Lake St Clair Lodge - Launceston Airport > fly home
FeaturesKey features include:
- specialist coaches with experience in elite sport, and more than two decades' proven success in executive management and leading people in challenging high altitude environments
- understand the foundation for winning habits
- learn leadership as a success factor in increasing the performance of others
- discover why emotional resilience matters and how to build it
- understand when and why you perform (and don’t)
- get key development insights around your EQ
- train amid rugged peaks in an undistracted wilderness environment
- syllabus tailored for elite athletes and to the terrain
- outstanding operational safety record and protocols
“The core of this program strongly resembles the one we took to win an AFL premiership. This process is more rigorous. I’m convinced it can pioneer a new paradigm of competitive advantage for elite teams.”
“When Nick presented to the Hobart Hurricanes just before the start of the BBL03, it was the most inspiring story that any of us had ever heard. He had an incredible impact on everybody at our club and still does today. Belief comes in many forms.The key message of “entitlement” and earning the right to success, played a huge part in us making it through to the finals.”
“It was immediately evident the significant impact Nick’s story was having on the players and staff. The key messages of ‘entitlement’ through preparation, teamwork and resilience held us captivated. It was spoken about by many as our finals campaign progressed. It will remain with us all. Nick’s story inspired our players - but more importantly they gained a strong understanding that success is not immediate.”
“You made us believe in ourselves. It’s something we'll take with us well beyond the mountains of Nepal...The team atmosphere and support allowed me to push myself emotionally and physically beyond anything I could have expected.”
“John helped create a pathway in which I could make my own decisions and gave me great insight into how my personal attributes and values affect my behaviour and where I fit best. I’d highly recommend this program to anyone looking to further their professional career. ”